Circle of Hope understands the importance and need for those living with a disability to stay safe and independent in their homes. Modifying and maintaining the home environment to enhance individual capacity and needs can really help with this. We take great pride in improving the lifestyle, mobility and safety of our participants. We work with a strong network of approved suppliers to provide you with the best solution to meet your needs for everyday living.
Modifications can be simple or complex and may involve building a ramp into your home, widening doors, modifying your bathroom and kitchen, installing grab rails, putting in environmental control units or automating your home.
We will guide you through the NDIS process and be there to help you understand it and answer any questions that may arise.
Home improvement, construction or renovations can be a daunting prospect, but at Circle of Hope, we are here to make the process as stress-free and simple as possible. We understand your vision and needs and will help you get your projects up and running in no time. Drawing a wide range of construction and design expertise, we are here to provide you with the best solution for your home.
We also work closely with a number of occupational therapists and other specialists who can help you make sure that your home is safe and accessible. Whether it’s designing an indoor or outdoor space to assist with mobility or developing a plan for renovations, our team are here to help.
It is a requirement under the NDIS that an Occupational Therapist is involved in the provision of any Assistive technology equipment, minor home modifications and major home modifications.
Your Occupational Therapist will:
- Come and meet you and your family to learn more about your needs
- Complete the initial home assessment
- Complete the NDIS report (using the required acceptable template)
- Create a scope of work for the modifications and/or equipment script
- Source quotes from builders, contractors and equipment suppliers
- Provide a draft of the application for your approval prior to submitting the application to the NDIS
- Submit the application to the NDIS
- Answer any questions the NDIS have regarding the report and recommendations
- Liaise with the builder throughout the building process
- Provide a follow-up consultation to ensure the modifications and equipment are as prescribed and are working for you.
House modifications are an essential way to increase the quality of life and independence of our participants. At Circle of Hope Australia, we strive to make sure that all our participants have their home living needs met, allowing them to live with dignity and safety in their own homes. We will work closely with you to provide a tailored solution for your individual situation.
To understand more about getting started please contact us and our lovely staff will be happy to assist you.