Circle of Hope understands the importance and need for those living with a disability to stay safe and independent in their homes. Modifying and maintaining the home environment to enhance individual capacity and needs can really help with this. We take great pride in improving the lifestyle, mobility and safety of our participants. We work with a strong network of approved suppliers to provide you with the best solution to meet your needs for everyday living.
Modifications can be simple or complex and may involve building a ramp into your home, widening doors, modifying your bathroom and kitchen, installing grab rails, putting in environmental control units or automating your home.
We will guide you through the NDIS process and be there to help you understand it and answer any questions that may arise.
It is a requirement under the NDIS that an Occupational Therapist is involved in the providing of any Assistive technology equipment, minor home modification and major home modifications.
Your Occupational Therapist will:
- Come and meet you and your family to learn more about your needs
- Complete the initial home assessment
- Complete the NDIS report (using the required acceptable template)
- Create a scope of works for the modifications and/or equipment script
- Source quotes from builders, contractors and equipment suppliers
- Provide a draft of the application for your approval prior to submitting the application to the NDIS
- Submit the application to the NDIS
- Answer any questions the NDIS have regarding the report and recommendations
- Liaise with the builder throughout the building process
- Provide a follow up consultation to ensure the modifications and equipment are as prescribed and they are working for you.
To understand more about getting started please contact us and our lovely staff will be happy to assist you.