Home Modifications and Specialist Disability Accommodation (NDIS Information)
We can improve your home environment by making changes to the structure, layout or fittings. We will work with you or your family to determine your personal or mobility struggles at home. From shower rails to wheelchair ramps, we can source all appropriate aids and modification requirements to help with this and organize the installation to make life easier for you.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our Home Modifications service, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
This support category includes minor home modifications and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) supports. Home modifications include design, construction, installation of, or changes to, equipment or non-structural components of the building, and installation of fixtures or fittings, to enable participants to live as independently as possible or to live safely at home.
Service providers include qualified occupational therapist, licenced builders and/or other relevant specialists to undertake the work. Providers help individuals live securely and independently in their own home by modifying the environment to maximise the person’s independence and safety. Information on the pricing arrangements for Home Modifications can be found in the Assistive Technology and Consumables Code Guide on the NDIS website.
Here are some home modification services which we can tailor to suit your needs:
- Grab rails and handrails. If you need something to help steady you in your bathroom or on steps or a ramp, we can install grab rails and handrails inside and outside your home.
- Ramps. An access ramp can make it easier for you to come and go from your home.
- Disability-specific equipment. We can make it easier for you to live comfortably with a range of equipment to help you take care of daily tasks.
- Electronic modifications. Technology can make many things possible – do things around the house more easily with modifications such as automated or sensor-controlled devices and smoke detectors.
- Lifts. Improve your mobility and independence with a home lift.
- Doorway widening. If you rely on a wheelchair or mobility aid, we can widen doors or entrances to make it easier for you to get around.
We also offer a range of home maintenance services to help you keep your home in top condition. These services can be tailored to your individual needs and may include things like:
- Lawn mowing
- Window cleaning
- Pressure cleaning
- Car washing
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) also falls under home modifications. If you have an extreme functional impairment or very high support needs, you may be eligible for SDA funding support. SDA is a house, apartment or unit, or another type of building suitable to your specific needs.
We can guide you through the entire process from assessments to applications and support you during any work undertaken. If you are in need of home modifications to make a home more accessible, are unsure of the necessary steps you need to take or just feel the need to talk to someone regarding your options, you can feel confident that our team will be proficient in determining what’s needed and assisting in the application for the necessary funding.
Please get in touch to discuss your unique home modification needs.